Monday, January 9, 2012

My racist in-laws want to see my baby...should I let them? ?

My daughter was born 5 weeks ago and this is the first time (after my husband called them) they came out and asked if she can come over so that they could see her. They don't want me in their house because I'm black and also because I voted Obama...yeah. They still think he's a muslim terrorist. Anyway, when I told them "no" they tried to pull the whole "you're trying to keep us from seeing our grandchild." excuse but I just refuse to have my daughter in that kind of environment. And it's sad that my husband had to see their true colors on people just by being with me. My dad died before my daughter was born...he was looking forward to seeing her and always talking about how excited he was to have a new grandchild coming into the world and he died. A good man died while these horrible bigots still get to live and they never wanted Waverly in this world anyway. I tried to be the bigger person and talk to them but they refused to. You only get one chance from me and at this point I don't want her near them. I know it might be selfish to some but to me I don't just trust them. Should I let them see her even though they never really asked, my husband had to actually bring it up and that's how this all happened. Waverly's step-grandmother is a bitter person while her grandfather is kind of on the weak side and will go with whatever his wife tells him to go at.

No comments:

Post a Comment